Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Einstein's - Uptown

Fast Casual/Bagel Shop
$7.37 - Tasty Turkey Sandwich & Fruit Salad

Einstein's set the standard for good bagel sandwiches in Charlotte. Brueggers was here first but they got a wake-up call with Einstein's rolled into town. Great bagels which you can toast, different sandwiches, whipped schmears, salads and soups. My only complaint is the smell. The Einstein's uptown always smells weird, like too many things have burned in the kitchen. They make things quickly, I love the tasty turkey on a Sundried Tomato bagel and they have Coke fountain drinks. I'm not a huge fan of the coffee though and they don't serve Raw Sugar to I'd rather not come for breakfast. Lunch however is good if you can get over the smell and take it to go. The Asian Chicken Salad is pretty good and I like their sesame vinagrette dressing. The fruit salad is a new option which I like, although it wasn't cold when I got it. Not sure what happened there. A good place to grab a quick lunch to go uptown.

No comments:

Post a Comment