Saturday, November 11, 2006

Cantina 1511 - Dilworth

New Mexican
2 people for dinner - $58 (Guac, 2 Enchiladas de Dennis, 3 drinks (Sangria & 2 beers), tax & tip)

Cantina is a great place to meet someone for drinks & apps after work. The guac is the best thing on the menu in my opinion. The rest of the food is good, but not great. The Enchiladas de Dennis (spinach & chicken) are my favorite. It's "authentic upscale" Mexican which means it isn't as good as Azteca but it's better than La Paz. Don't go if you're looking for cheap, yummy, bad for you Mexican, you'll be disappointed. Instead it's a high class mexican place, if there is such a thing. However, the margaritas are why 90% of the people eat here. There's 40+ tequilas if that means something to you. I'll stick with the Rojo Sangria. The beer is what you'd expect at a place like this, Mexican and slightly overpriced. The service has improved. My first two times were terrible, with a waiter who should never have been given the job. Last night our waitress was really nice and helpful. She was attentive without being annoying. It's also a great place to run into people you know (assuming you're a yuppie). I saw 3 people I knew which is always fun. All in all, I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment