Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mezzanotte - Cotswold

Italian/Brick oven pizza
$25 - glass of chianti & mezzanotte pizza (italian sausage, mozzarella, four basil leaves)

Honestly, it was just okay. The location is pretty great if you live in that area because there aren't a ton of choices nearby but I thought the pizza was just plain. The waiter (who was a little weird) was talking up the incredible muscles and some yada yada entree but I went with the namesake pizza and was a little disappointed. The atmosphere too is a little odd in this place. It's like there are two restaurants in one. One room is more casual and families with young kids sit in there with the TVs while the back of the restaurant feels a little nicer/quaint but I don't know how they decide where to seat you. My friend wasn't eating so I don't have anything else to share but I doubt I'll go back unless someone else chooses it. It's also related to the main Italian restaurants in town (Luce, Toscana, Coco Osteria) but this one is definitely the weakest. Could be a good place for a mid-week reasonably priced group place to eat if you need it. Plenty of seats and choices on what to get. Personally, I'd rather go to Chipotle next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment