Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hawthorne's - Elizabeth

http://www.hawthornespizza.com/
Italian/NY style pizza
$14 - salad and 2 beers

I've done a post on Hawthorne's before but they've updated their menu so I wanted to give them another shout out! I think Hawthorne's is a great restaurant. They have a separate take out shop next door which I frequent for salads. The chop, tuscan and hawthorne salads are my favorite and the Elizabeth special is my fave pizza. Their garlic knots are incredible but you need to order them "less burned/baked" in order to get the perfect consistency. Their baked ziti is really good too. They've recently changed up their beer offerings to more fall stuff (oktoberfest beer from Virginia and pumpkin something). No matter, it's a great neighborhood place and perfect for sitting outside weather. Maybe not the best pizza in town but very worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment