Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dean & Deluca Wine Bar

Wine bar
$99 - lots of wine and two apps for two people

The best thing about D&D wine bar is lots of amazing wines to try. It's not cheap but it's really good. We both tried wine flights (i.e. three small pours of three different wines) and our favorites were of course the most expensive ones we tried. The flight was around $14 and the glass of my favorite was $16. Ouch! The apps included Hummus and Pita and Brushetta with sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. The hummus and pita were nice but just tasted like hummus and pita, an app I really like but a little overpriced at $9. The brushetta was good but the waiter made it sound better than it was. It was really good but based on his description, I thought it was going to be best brushetta I'd ever had. It does come in three huge slices of bread with lots of sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese but I like lots of garlic in my brushetta and this didn't have that. I'm sure my friend appreciated it but it didn't make for my favorite app. Just a heads up. It's definitely a great place to go, especially in the summer when you can sit outside. My only warning is it ain't cheap! But it's D&D and they can get away with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment