Sunday, October 11, 2009

Basil - Uptown

Thai
Pad Ewe - can't remember the price but this post is way overdue!
http://www.eatatbasil.com/

Heard great things about this place and went during Clt Restaurant week a while back with some friends. Most people got the Pad Thai but I went with a combination of things (basil roll, pad ewe, and glass of wine) and the food was awesome! The basil role was really good and fresh tasting. The Pad Ewe (I know I'm not spelling that right but you'll probably find what I'm talking about) was yummy; it's a noodle dish with veggies and your choice of meat. It's probably more chinese than most of the other dishes but I thought it was great. I'm not a huge pad thai person, but my friends were raving about it. The owner was there and making sure things ran smoothly which they did. The atmosphere is very trendy, uptown, where people go when they want to act like they've eaten Thai food since before it was cool. I give this place 5 stars. My only warning is if you go for lunch past noon, you won't get seated until 12:45 as this place fills up quickly. However, it is well worth the wait. The owners have a few restaurants in Charleston and they seem to know what they are doing as I think this place will be successful. It's right next to Latorre's on 5th and Church. Definitely check it out. Much nicer than Thai Taste but worth it for the food and the atmosphere.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley,

    Thanks for the great post! Hope to see you soon...

    Todd Coates GM
    Basil Thai Cuisine
    210 N. Church St
    Charlotte, NC 28202
    704.332.7212

    ReplyDelete