Monday, July 02, 2007

Lulu - Midwood

New American Bistro - dinner
My hot date picked this one up :)

I met a friend here for drinks and dinner and what a great place to do so. We sat outside where the setting is urban and fun. (Side note: I've been here three times and never been inside.) Lulu's offers lots of "locally grown and small business offerings" which makes you cheer for the little guy. However, they were changing out their menu last week so lots of things weren't available. Their Chardonnay is really good and a complete unknown (to me anyway). i.e. I doubt you could pick it up at HT. We got the calamari for an app which was lightly fried and served with a slightly sweet dip. It was good. For dinner I had lavender roasted half chicken with brie served with mashed potatoes. It was really good but too heavy for 80-degree weather in June. J got a salmon in soup thing which tasted better than it looked. However, they are changing the menu so I don't know what will remain starting in July. All in all, Lulu is a fun place to meet someone for drinks or apps. Dinner is good, but not the best in town. Prices are on the higher side so it's not someplace to drop by any night of the week for a quick bite. However the atmosphere is festive and the outdoor patio is my favorite. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment