Friday, June 29, 2007

Kabob House - Dilworth

Middle Eastern
$25 - Mixed Kabob Grill (4 skewers with beef, lamb, chicken and something with 2 delightful side items (Omar's Salad)) & Mixed Veggie Plate (with Hummus, Baba Ghanoush, Tabbouleh, Potato something, Grape Leaf, Spinach Puff thing and something else), pita bread and two waters

This place rocks!! The food does anyway and the service. It's a tiny spot, maybe 10 tables in the Harris Teeter shopping center on East Blvd. Our waiter was really friendly and helpful. We ordered the mixed options so we could share and try different things. A few things were awesome: most of the skewers, Omar's salad, hummus, baba ghanoush, pita, etc. One of the skewers tasted like a hamburger, and I'm not a huge fan of tabbouleh to begin with so those were blah. The potato thing was really good too; it was essentially a french fry with garlic mixed in. I was pretty hungry but there was plenty left over so the portions are big. I'll probably get the same thing again if I go back cuz I really like the variety. They also gave us this little sweet pastry thing for dessert. I don't know if everyone gets it or we did because we were so clueless, but it was yummy and just the right size. Kind of like a fortune cookie with Chinese. They have belly dancing on Fridays supposedly although I can't imagine where she dances; this place is tiny. Anyway, I always forget about this place but highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment