Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ru Sans - Dilworth

Sushi
$50 - 2 people, various sushi items & 4 beers

My friend and I ate here on Friday night and ended up sitting at the sushi bar...what a great idea. First of all, it's a much better experience as you not only get to see how they are making stuff, but you can also interact (i.e. flirt) with the sushi chefs. They started us out with an itty bitty cucumber salad thing in soy sauce which was yummy (we didn't order it). We did order Edamame to start, which was served really hot with salt on the side. For dinner we got a bunch of different sushi including tuna, california rolls (of course), rock & roll, and the Rising Sun (salmon, tuna, cream cheese and avocado lightly fried) which was huge! Everything was really good and really fresh, but as always it was too much. My friend took home the rest in a doggy box and said it was still good the next day. A few interesting things to note about Ru Sans. First the chefs yell a lot, for someone's birthday, sake bombs (shots), pretty women who come in and who knows why else. There were also a lot of groups of cute young guys who were eating there. I don't know why this surprised me, but it did. They've expanded the restaurant since last time I'd been there too which is good because now there's a ton of space. If you've never eaten here, it's really good sushi and a fun atmosphere. It's definitely not a quiet place to go for a relaxing meal, try elsewhere for that. There's some outside seating but it looked a little awkward meaning everyone walks through it on your way inside. I would think that's a pain if I were sitting there. They do serve other stuff for anyone who doesn't like sushi, but I've never had any of it. I do know they have a sushi buffet at lunch but that's a little weird to me. All in all I'd recommend it as a fun place to go with friends for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. yea! i got to be part of your blog. this is actually my first visit to your blog. i know...tiss tiss. i 100% agree w/ your blog on our experience, especially how fun it was to sit at the bar (i.e. flirt).

    ReplyDelete