Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pewter Rose - South End

Sunday Brunch - Dad picked this one up too

Utter disappointment!! I used to love Pewter Rose for Sunday Brunch, and it was a highlight to go there. They served these awesome butterscotch scones and coffee in cool glass mugs. My old favorite thing on the menu was the Breakfast Burrito, a tortilla filled with spicy scrambled eggs, black beans, spanish rice and salsa. I took my parents there on Sunday, and they've CHANGED THE MENU!!!! There was a similar item called Huevos Rancheros which was no where nearly as good. I am so sad, I don't know what to do. Where will I go with people in town for Sunday brunch again?? Is there no where else? The decor has changed recently which is a nice upgrade. It's more open and not as eclectic feeling. However, the brunch menu has shrunk and what I got was completely average. It was fine ($9) but so disappointing compared to my old favorite. The scones were still there but are much smaller and doughier which can be good depending on your preference. My waiter was super nice and really cute so that helped, but the food was blah. I'm torn. I used to love and rave about Pewter Rose as the best place for Sunday Brunch but now I just don't know. I must go back and try something else. You're on your own folks! Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment