Saturday, June 23, 2007

Providence Cafe - Myers Park

American Cafe
Somebody else was buying...Thanks Dad!



I took my parents to Providence Cafe as there are lots of good options here, and it's reasonably priced. The atmosphere is okay and it's a good place for a group as there always seems to be one when I'm there. I've met people here for drinks on multiple occasions and it's easy to do. There's one male bartender in particular who is really friendly and serves a generous pour. Two lady bartenders I've had were a little stingy. Providence Cafe is always consistent, but for some reason it's not my favorite restaurant of this type (I much prefer Village Tavern which is similar to me). The Cafe Chicken Salad is my favorite thing on the menu, and it's usually what I get. Mixed greens with fruit (mainly cantaloupe and melons but also has grapes, strawberries and sugared pecans). My dad got the Tarragon Chicken Pasta and he loved it. They serve pretty good bread beforehand which is nice but not the best ever. Parking is a pain here which I always forget about. I was with some friends last time I was here and we ordered the two most popular apps: fried spinach wrapped asparagus and spinach dip. The spinach dip was really good, the asparagus was good but random. Not sure that I'd get that again. All in all, a fine place to meet up with friends but probably not top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment