Friday, February 23, 2007

California Pizza Kitchen - SouthPark

American/Pizza
$28 - large Waldorf Salad, 1 mushroom pizza, 2 waters

I always forget about CPK but it's so good to remember. First of all, this salad (I hope I'm remembering the name correctly) is so good. It's field green and romaine with grilled chx, granny smith apples, candied walnuts, and gargonzola cheese. It was like eating dessert that's good for you. The flavors go so well together but be warned, the large salad is big. They also have it in a half portion which is still a good size. A friend and I split the salad and the pizza and we definitely had leftovers. The pizza here is also really good and with some crazy combinations, it differentiates itself some from the other 50 pizza places in charlotte. The crust is thicker than Brixx but not has thick at Mellow. However, it's a little bit sweet which I really like. The portion size is slightly smaller than brixx too so it's good for one or splitting with a salad. A couple of things to note about CPK. 1. The bread really isn't that good that they serve beforehand. For a pizza place, this is surprising. 2. If you pay with AmEx, beware that you could shut down the computer system. Something about the magnetic strip...I don't get it but it happened to me once. Just warn the waiter when you pay. 3. I'm not a huge fan of their two tops near the front. If you can get a bigger table, I would. 4. They have an outdoor patio that looks pretty nice so I would definitely think about it for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment