Friday, January 19, 2007

Pike's - Southend

Diner
$8 - cheeseburger, fries, water

If you haven't been to Pike's in a while, they've updated their menu recently which means they have most of the same stuff, but it's more expensive now. Gone are the days of the $3. burger. The burgers are really good though, as are the fries and the Carolina Burger with chili, slaw, mustard and onions is a classic. They have hot dogs, turkey burgers, quish (sp?), salads, pastas and a few other things I don't notice because I only go there when I'm craving a cheeseburger. It may not be the best in town, but it's pretty darn close. They also have a soda fountain where you can get cherry phosphates, vanilla pepsis, orangeades, limeades and incredible milkshakes. They might make you sick, but they are awesome! My only issue with Pike's is they serve pepsi at the soda fountain. They do have mini bottles cokes, but I think they're kinda pricey. Pike's is a nice family and friend place to go. They have Sunday brunch (although I've never eaten there then) but the soda fountain isn't open on Sundays so be forewarned. Cheeseburger is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment