Monday, January 08, 2007

Brixx - Uptown

Wood-fired Pizza
$11 - Wood roasted chicken salad with water (tip is always included in the price)

Brixx is a classic Charlotte restaurant. They're all over town and they seem to epitomize what Charlotte like to eat. Their pizzas are flat, serve one (or could be shared with a salad) and are pretty good. My favorites are the Mexican (with black bean spread), the Artichoke, BBQ Chicken and Plain with mushrooms. Their salads are also really good and the Wood-roasted chicken salad is a town favorite. Mixed greens with chicken, goat cheese, pines nuts, croutons and balsamic dressing. It seems like this salad is all over town now. They are really consistent, the food is good and the prices are reasonable. The original one on East is always packed so I like the one uptown or near Fairview if you're closer to those parts. The one at Fairview also serves Red Oak which is a huge plus. My only issue is Brixx is I've eaten there too often in my tenure in Charlotte and I'm looking for something new, hence my love for Hawthorne. If you're not burned out, it's a great place to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment