Monday, January 08, 2007

Lulu's - Midwood

New American (i.e. locally grown and organic wannabe)
$12 - Chantilly Turkey (sandwich), fries (lulu's frites) and Cane Cola at lunch

This little place off of Central was quite a treat. I went for lunch and it looked like they had some good options. It's a little quirky with Boylan's Cane Cola products, locally grown veggies, different kinds of cheeses and a desire to be organic whenever possible. The menu breaks out the options by price ($6, $8, $9 & $12), which was nice and the options seemed pretty good. I ended up with the Chantilly Turkey, a cold sandwich with turkey, lettuce, tomato & Gruyere cheese. It comes with Lulu's Frites which are seasoned fries. They're pretty good although not as good as Bojangles, but good nonetheless. They don't have coke products, but didn't serve Pepsi either so it was okay. They have Boylan's Cane Cola, Cream Sola, Root Beer and something else. The wines looked reasonable for Charlotte but I was there at lunch. I heard the desserts were awesome but I didn't try that either. There's a different dinner menu which I believe is pricier but this is a nice alternative at lunch to Providence Cafe. It felt like a similar place but more eclectic being in Midwood. I'd recommend it if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment