Saturday, April 02, 2011

Sunflower Bakery - Elizabeth

Bakery/breakfast place $6 - egg and cheese sandwich and med coffee This place is a fun new local bakery in Elizabeth (across from Sbux on 7th) and it seems to be quite popular. My friends and I met for breakfast on Saturday, and I was not disappointed. I ordered the egg and cheese on whole grain and while it was quite yummy, I did have food envy of my friend's egg and cheese on the cheese biscuit. That looked (and supposedly tasted) much better than my whole grain toast. The bakery supports local farmers and has muffins, homemade pop tarts, regular lunch sandwiches and other baked goods. They also serve Counter Culture coffee which is really good. My only complaint is they don't have raw sugar, just regular and splenda (yuck!). It's no Amelie's but it's still pretty darn good. Anyway, since this place is less than 2 miles from my house, I'm pretty sure I'll be back. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment