Thursday, April 07, 2011

2 for the Price of 7

ROUND ONE: Sweet A Flex signed up to host us for dinner on Monday not knowing what was ahead of her. After she was suckered into feeding us, Ashley and I had to divide and conquer to enjoy our Tour de Flexer on separate nights. Though the division of meals was completely our fault, the addition of guests was all Allison. In short, Allison graciously hosted Ashley and the Upton family (sans Mark) for a dinner of seared pork loin, fresh steamed broccoli and brown rice. The grand total of mouths fed is up to 4 and Allison gets extra points in Heaven for feeding the pastors wife and kids! Dessert was an indulgent 45 mins on YouTube hosted by Davis Upton.


ROUND TWO: Master Chef Allison was back in action the next night, by default. Allison agreed to have Eugenia and me over Tuesday evening for wine and/or coffee and of course this complex menu of red or white and/or cream or sugar was planned two weeks in advance. But Allison, ready to go on a moment's notice, agreed to host me for dinner 45 minutes before my scheduled arrival to save me from another night of Supersize Me on my return home from Raleigh. Instead of grease, sodium and cholesterol, I thankfully enjoyed a light appetizer of black and green olives and red pepper and olive hummus with whole wheat pita bread (my slacker contribution thanks to HT!). My heavy pour of Pinot Noir helped me to wind down just in time to savor the main entree of Orange-Glazed chicken and sauteed vegetables with fresh parmesean cheese. Eugenia got there just in time get a taste of the apps and crack open a new bottle of Pinot, thus bringing the total people fed up to 7 (yes, Allison did eat too). Unfortunately, no photos of this delish meal, but it didn't stay on the plate long! Allison's off the hook if we do Tour de Kitchens round 2!


Special blog note: guest contributor = roommate

No comments:

Post a Comment