Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fran's Filling Station - Dilworth

comfort food
rosemary chicken, mashed potatoes & beer - $25ish I think

"Drink til he's cute" - that's what the sign says in the ladies restroom and the highlight of my evening. Don't go to Fran's if you're on a diet as not many light choices. I started to order the Rosemary Chicken and asked to trade out the onion rings with a veggie. Turns out the onion rings were an accoutrement and not a side. The rosemary chx was just that: three breasts of grilled chx w rosemary and a few onion rings scattered on top. The waitress suggested the mashed potatoes which were awesome and rich. My friend got the meatballs which were definitely the better choice (and a favorite according to the menu). They came as two giant meatballs in sauce with lots of cheese. I thought there might be some pasta too but no, just the meatballs. I hear this is normal. Thanksgiving dinner plate was another option, fancy and messy burgers, ribs, etc. The food was good and the atmosphere is nice. I was a little annoyed that the entrees didn't come with a side. How many people eat just three chicken breasts with nothing else in a sitting? Just know that while the entrees aren't too expensive, you'll have to get a side or two too.

No comments:

Post a Comment