Friday, May 29, 2009

Good Food on Montford - Selwyn/Park Rd

New American

While the place was packed and looked like it had a lot of potential, I might say it was trying too hard. They change their menu frequently as evidenced by the paper menu stapled together. They have small plates (hot, cold, light and noodles), then a substantial (i.e. meat) and sides. A friend and I split a bibb salad w avocado, goat cheese and grapefruit (yes, it tasted random on the salad too) and calamari. I thought the calamari was awesome even with the lemony sweet sauce and sausage it was served with. I ordered a noodle as my main course since none of the meats appealed to me. There were 3 fish options, rib eye, quail and pork ribs. None of those sounded good to me so I went with a garnecelli noodle tossed with garlic and tomato. It was a bit bland but I guess was what it was billed to be. I just hoped it would have a little zest. We ordered the fried yuca as a side and it was okay. My friend had the rib eye and said that it tasted good but was a little fatty. However, neither of us knew if that was normal for rib eye so take that with a grain of salt. However based on the number of people and noise level, people definitely like this place. The acoustics aren't very good so don't take someone with a hearing problem. All in all, I will probably go back at some point but it's not my new favorite. I would take Roosters over this place any dayhttp://www.goodfoodonmontford.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment