Sunday, June 29, 2008

Big Daddy's Burger Bar - Dilworth

Burgers
$13 - cantina burger, sweet potato fries and diet coke

The good news - the black bean burger was pretty good and the sweet potato fries were awesome! Not as good as the Penguin but that's hard to beat anyway. It's slightly overpriced in my opinion. You're paying for the "atmosphere" I think. It was $9 (with tax) for the basic burger which my friends all tell me was good. There was a great debate as to how it stacked up to Five Guys, the Penguin, South 21 and someplace else but no winner was declared although every one seems to love Five Guys (I haven't been there yet). The bar was pretty extensive so I'm thinking this is really a bar that serves good food rather than the other way around.

The better news - so when i originally ate here, our service experience wasn't that great. Our waitress messed up a few things and wasn't on top of it. I think she was new or just really inexperienced. However, the management response has been pretty extensive. I sent them an email through their website, and I received a call and email from the manager and a call from the owner, Frank Scibelli. They've gone above and beyond trying to rectify our bad service experience which I give them kudos for. It goes to show that individual owners are especially sensitive to a potentially bad experience whereas a chain usually doesn't care. Frank has definitely gone above what I expected with his response which I appreciate.

All this being said, I'll definitely go back now. When someone cares this much about one person's experience, you know good things are in store for this place. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment