Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tour de Kitchens

So after living in my house for six years and talking about renovating my kitchen, I'm finally doing it! I'm two days away from demo, all of my dishes are boxed up, and I'm curious whether I'll lose any weight without a kitchen or potentially strangle someone instead. My contractor says it'll be at least six weeks without a kitchen, so my roommate and I had a brilliant idea. Let's invite all of our friends over for a cook out and make them sign up to have us over for dinner while we don't have a kitchen. Then when our kitchen is finished, we'll have everyone back over to see the new kitchen. Brilliant, right? We thought so too.

So for the next six weeks, this blog is going to turn into a tribute to all of the Charlotte kitchens we've been able to eat in while ours is under construction. There will, of course, be prizes for the best overall dinner, the most memorable dish and maybe an honorable mention or two. Thanks to all of our friends who signed up to host us. We're very thankful and hope we can continue the tradition once the kitchen renovation is done. Here's to the 2011 Charlotte Tour de Kitchens!

1 comment:

  1. I am so ready for that washer and dryer to be HIDDEN!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete