Saturday, January 23, 2010

Whiskey Warehouse - Midwood

Yuppy Sports Bar

This new place opened a few weeks ago in the old Creation spot across from the HT on The Plaza. I've been twice and both times it was packed! I think it's the new hot spot for people who are too rich/good looking for Thomas Street (not that I am but it's that kind of crowd). It majors on whiskeys but has any other alcohol you want as well. I don't like whiskey but one friend told me their selection was great and very reasonably priced. Parking's an issue as you're competing with Thms St and Common Market for spots. I think the owner or manager is related to Brazwell's but this is a much nicer place from what I remember of Bwellz (i.e. not quite as skanky). The food looked like bar food (sliders, chx fingers, nachos, etc.) but I'm not sure how it tasted. Lots of flat screens around but always packed and difficult to find a seat. There's no outside seating so it may die down in the summer. If you fit in the too cool for T St crowd, check it out.

2 comments:

  1. I met a friend there for lunch. I ordered their Whiskey Burger (or something like that)and it was as tasty a burger as I've ever had. The lunch menu looked really good. It's nicely-done bar food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plaza Midwood scene at all. Whiskey Warehouse would feel much more at home in the EpiCenter, or on Montford. survival-warehouse.com reviews

    ReplyDelete